The weather may have been hotter than a supernova on Alderaan, but Course of the Force Day 6 was more fun than Chewbacca at a hair salon (which, in case it isn’t clear, is an awful lot of fun). Alison Haislip made her triumphant return to the Course of the Force team, riding the Sail Barge from Huntington Beach down the coast to Oceanside, CA. Then, at the Oceanside Pier, families, friends and Fetts alike came out in droves to experience a conival by the beach.
To wrap up the day, local band Thunder Road treated us to some of the smoothest jams this side of the Max Rebo Band and hosts Alex Albrecht and Ashley Eckstein climbed aboard the Sail Barge to recap some of the day’s highlights – including a cartwheeling male Princess Leia – and unveil a few surprises of their own. Couldn’t make it out in person? Not a problem – we’ve got your highlights right here!
- You know you’re in for a good time once you see those giant lightsabers out in front.
- Beep boop! R2-D2 is ready to rock out with Thunder Mountain at the Oceanside Pier.
- Castle‘s Molly Quinn goes deep when it comes to cosplay, busting out a top notch Mara Jade that dazzled the crowd.
- Like a good Jedi, Team State Farm was there! This family had a total blast on today’s Course.
- “On a pleasure barge! Jabba’s Pleasure Barge!” It’s always a fun time when our hosts climb aboard the Sail Barge to wrap up the day’s events.
- This guy may have been running Solo, but his enthusiasm was Hanbelievable!
- The Sith hits the fan when Molly Quinn tapped into her inner Mara Jade to Vader the living daylights out of Nerdist’s Brian Walton.
Stay tuned to the official Course of the Force Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feed for live updates and behind the scenes photos and be sure to subscribe to the Nerdist Channel to catch the latest recap videos, interviews and more! Download the Qualcomm-powered official Course of the Force app to stay in the loop like a Bothan spy. Find out how to register for a leg of the race or how you can make a donation to Make-a-Wish. May the Force be with you always and I’ll see you on the Course!