Although it looked cloudier than Lando Calrissian’s Bespin headquarters this morning in Santa Monica, we used the Force to disperse the Dark Side and let the sun shine down on another exciting day of Course of the Force. Day 5 kicked off in Santa Monica and ran right down the coast to Huntington Beach with a quick detour to YouTube Space LA, their fabulous new LA-based complex, to do a special edition run.
While there, host Shira Lazar and I ran into YouTube makeup guru Michelle Phan and many other digital luminaries, plus a few Death Star-sized surprises that will blow your mind. Last, but certainly not least, we ended the day on the Huntington Beach Pier with a conival and wrap-up show hosted by Alex Albrecht and Ashley Eckstein! Honestly, does it get any better than that? Only those on the Barge know for sure. In case you missed it, check out all the highlights from the day’s festivities!
- We apologize for any delays, but we’re experiencing a disturbance in the Force. Or maybe the flight crew was just ogling our awesome barge.
- Jango Unchained: one of our favorite Fetts carried the saber bright and early this morning – and he didn’t even use his jetpack!
- Host Shira Lazar chatted with returning fan favorite, “The King of Fast”, who lived up to his monarchic moniker.
- Shira and film critic Scott Mantz heatedly debate who shot first, Greedo or Han.
- Sometimes we need something with a little more torque than the Sail Barge, which is why we rode our Course of the Force Ford Raptor to YouTube Space LA for a special segment.
- Makeup maven Michelle Phan showed off her latest look – Stormtrooper chic! It really brings out her lashes.
- Shira Lazar and I caught up with R2-D2 and Rose, our first runner/X-Wing certified pilot, to kick off our run through YouTube Space LA.
- So, this happened. Tusken Raiders and a real live elephant – together at last. Plus a li’l Jawa for good measure! The Course is a magical place.
- How about a hug for your old pal, Merle? This guy wins my undying respect for cosplaying as Michael Rooker Fett from Course of the Force, Episode 3!
- Remember, Padawans – don’t mess with Darth Eckstein if you don’t have the midi-chlorians to back it up. Alex Albrecht learned that the hard way.
Stay tuned to the official Course of the Force Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feed for live updates and behind the scenes photos and be sure to subscribe to the Nerdist Channel to catch the latest recap videos, interviews and more! Download the Qualcomm-powered official Course of the Force app to stay in the loop like a Bothan spy. Find out how to register for a leg of the race or how you can make a donation to Make-a-Wish. May the Force be with you always and I’ll see you on the Course!