The Course of the Force roused themselves bright and early this morning to take a trip to two of the biggest tech campuses on the planet – Google’s Mountain View, CA digs and YouTube’s San Bruno headquarters! If you thought your office was cool, think again (unless you work for Google or YouTube). Not only did YouTube have an amazingly relaxing massage chair in the lobby, but they also had nap pods (a dream come true), a pool and a freakin’ slide! Every time we use the stairs now, we shed a single tear because we know there’s a better way. It got The Nerdist Channel awfully excited about launching Geek Week with them considering how much we were geeking out over their office space.
Meanwhile, Google is everything you dreamed it would be and more. Pulling up to the parking lot, the first thing we noticed was the on-site haircut room. And the beach volleyball court. And the tons of free bicycles. Really, the list just goes on and on, but I think we can all agree to just be super jealous. Jessica Chobot and I handled hosting duties for the day, which was a total blast. Like out of control fun. Thank you again to all the wonderful fans, employees and runners who made today’s event a total success. Now, without further ado, let’s check out today’s highlights as we travel back to Los Angeles to resume the Course tomorrow.
- YouTube is embracing their Dark Side through some robust new hiring practices. Who knew Stormtroopers would make such a good welcoming committee?
- Artoo may have been wielding a red lightsaber today, but just like to think he was undercover to fit in with all those Imperial forces and YouTube’s colorful mural.
- The Empire gets a bad rap, you guys – sometimes they just want to visit the Googleplex and have a fun day in the sun too.
- Nothing to see here. Move along.
- What’re the odds? Never tell us the odds! Jessica Chobot and I presided over today’s events as tons of runners, employees and Star Wars characters came out to celebrate Day 3 of Course of the Force.
- We used our Samsung Galaxy S 4 phones to take plenty of awesome photos at the Googleplex! We swear our team member isn’t taking a selfie; it was just really bright.
Stay connected to all the the latest Course of the Force happenings with Qualcomm’s Course of the Force app (now available on Android, iOS coming soon) then share your photos with us on Twitter (#CourseoftheForce), Facebook and Instagram! May the Force be with you always and I’ll see you on the course!